API Approved Crane | SMS | Lafayette, LA
- Prerequisites The personnel involved in lifting operations must comply with all requirements set by the Code of Federal Regulations, API RP 2D, API Spec. 2C. Those personnel designated as “Qualified Crane Operator” or “Qualified Inspector” must meet requirements set in API RP 2D and have documentation on file as to having met such requirements.
- Student Min/Max 1/24
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM each day. The course ends at 4PM CST on the 2nd day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 16 Hrs. classroom and hands on
- Course Summary
The purpose of this course is to provide guidance to personnel involved in lifting operations. Included is information concerning the documentation, inspection, operation, and maintenance of loose gear, hoists and trolleys, winches, and cranes in the United States Coast Guard (USCG) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) jurisdiction.
- Target Audience
This course is intended onshore or offshore personnel involved in lifting operations.
- Theory Learning Objectives
The student will understand:-Only designated personnel will be permitted to operate approved cranes.-Designated personnel must pass a written test on OSHA, BOEM (BSEE), and Coast Guard regulations using guidelines recommended by API RP 2D.-Agreed upon crane hand signals.-How to interpret a crane load chart.
- Practical Learning Objectives
The student will demonstrate:-proper operation, inspection, and maintenance of offshore hydraulic crane components-proper hands-on proficiency in the safe operation of cranes, using a pedestal mounted lattice boom hydraulic crane by running a load through an obstacle course in a specific amount of time.
- Certification Details
Written Exam: Regulatory required: Minimum score of 70%. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with trainee to insure understanding before completion of course.Performance Tasks: Students must satisfactorily complete all performance criteria as outlined in API RP 2D 7th edition.CEUs: NoneCourse Required By: OSHA, BOEM (BSEE), USCG
- Validity Period Every 4 years or per company policy
- Accreditation or Standard
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Meals Included
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring your government issued ID, hard hat, steel-toed boots and safety glasses.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Protecting lives and changing cultures since 2003
Our goal is to ensure that everyone in the energy industry has a safe work environment and the knowledge to perform their duties safely.+ More - Less
We know your workers are more than the tasks they perform; they are people with homes, families, and stories. Just as you desire to see each of your employees return home to their families safely, SMS aspires to provide a variety of safety services that help ensure that’s possible. Our responsibility to safety in the energy industry is attained by working together and promoting a safety culture.
Lafayette, United States Member Since May 2018
- $ 1000
STCW First Aid and CPR New Orleans, US(0)
- $ 900
USCG Approved Basic Safety Training (BT) STCW... New Orleans, US(0)
USCG Approved STCW First Aid / CPR (STCW 2010... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
USCG Approved Basic Safety Training (BT) STCW... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
USCG Approved PSC (Proficiency in Survival Cr... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Medical Care Provider (MCP) (STCW 2010) (form... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Offshore Marine Service Association Safety Or... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Vessel Security Officer 2 Day Program – USC... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)