Basic Rigging (4HR) Limited Hands-On & Crane Operator Basic | SMS | Lafayette, LA
- Prerequisites N/A
- Student Min/Max 1/24
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM each day. The course ends at 4PM CST on the same day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 8 Hours
- Course Summary
Employees who work offshore and whose job requires them to handle material of all shapes, sizes and configuration are provided training and education in the skills needed to properly perform this job function. Students learn the recommended safe rigging practices and procedures used for offshore rigs, platforms, boats, and helicopters as defined by API-RP-2D (7th edition).
- Target Audience
This course is intended for any person dealing with rigging loads and requires an elementary understanding of crane operations in an offshore or onshore environment.
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of Rigging (4 hour) Limited/Hands-On training, the student will be familiar with:Rigging HardwareSheaves, blocksHooks, safety devicesRings, links, swivelsShacklesTurnbucklesSpreader and equalizer beamsCable clipsPad eyes, eyebolts, and other attachment pointsSlings:Cargo nets, basketsSafe working limitsSling types, configuration and anglesProcedures and precautions:Load control/taglinesLift planningInspection/rejection criteriaUnbinding loadsPersonnel transferSling handling and storageRigging basics:Pinch points and body positionsPersonal protective equipmentSignals/communicationsLoad stability
- Practical Learning Objectives
Upon completion, the trainee will be able to practice some items noted in the Theory Learning Objectives.
- Certification Details
Written Exam: Regulatory required with a minimum score of 70%. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.Course Required By: BSEE, Coast Guard, OSHA
- Validity Period 4 Years
- Accreditation or Standard
- Trainer or Industry Specific
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Meals Included
- Emailed Certificates
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring your government issued ID, hard hat, steel-toed boots and safety glasses.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Medic First Aid / CPR / Bloodborne Pathogens ... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Incipient Firefighting/Fire Watch | J.Schneid... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Fall Protection User/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Forklift | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Crane API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.Sc... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Rigger API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.S... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Confined Space Entry/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Defensive Driving | J.Schneider | Lafayette,L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety/Respiratory Pro... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
DOT HM-126F | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)