Basic Rigging (4hr) Limited Hands-On | SMS | Lafayette, LA
- Prerequisites None
- Student Min/Max 1/16
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM or 12 PM each day. The course ends at 12 PM or 4 PM CST on the same day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 4 hrs
- Course Summary
The Rigging (4hr) Limited/Hands-On course is for employees who work offshore and whose job requires them to handle material of all shapes, sizes and configuration are provided training and education in the skills needed to properly perform this job function. Students learn the recommended safe rigging practices and procedures used for offshore rigs, platforms, boats, and helicopters as defined by API RP 2D 6th edition.
- Target Audience offshore & onshore employees
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of Rigging (4hr) Limited/Hands-On training, the student will be familiar with:
- Sheaves, Blocks
- Hooks, Safety Devices
- Rings, Links, Swivels
- Spreader and Equalizer Beams
- Cable Clips
- Pad eyes, eyebolts, and other attachment points
- Cargo nets, baskets
- Safe working limits
- Sling types, configuration and angles
Procedures and Precautions
- Load control/taglines
- Lift Planning
- Inspection/rejection criteria
- Unbinding loads
- Personnel transfer
- Sling handling and storage
- Pinch points and body positions
- Personal protective equipment
- Load stability
- Practical Learning Objectives None
- Certification Details
Course Required By: BSEE, Coast Guard, OSHA
Written Exam: Regulatory required with a minimum score of 70%. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
- Validity Period Student is responsible for retraining every 4 years.
- Accreditation or Standard
- Trainer or Industry Specific
- Cancellation Policy
Please refer to the Learner FAQ page for cancellation procedures.Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring a government-issued ID.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Protecting lives and changing cultures since 2003
Our goal is to ensure that everyone in the energy industry has a safe work environment and the knowledge to perform their duties safely.+ More - Less
We know your workers are more than the tasks they perform; they are people with homes, families, and stories. Just as you desire to see each of your employees return home to their families safely, SMS aspires to provide a variety of safety services that help ensure that’s possible. Our responsibility to safety in the energy industry is attained by working together and promoting a safety culture.
Lafayette, United States Member Since May 2018
Medic First Aid / CPR / Bloodborne Pathogens ... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Incipient Firefighting/Fire Watch | J.Schneid... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Fall Protection User/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Forklift | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Crane API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.Sc... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Rigger API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.S... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Confined Space Entry/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Defensive Driving | J.Schneider | Lafayette,L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety/Respiratory Pro... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
DOT HM-126F | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)