Confined Space Entry / Attendant | SMS | Lafayette, LA
- Prerequisites Confined Space Awareness training
- Student Min/Max 1/24
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM each day. The course ends at 4 PM CST on the same day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 8 Hours
- Course Summary
Certification of Confined Space Entrant/Attendant training must be available for inspection by employees or their authorized representatives.Employees must be trained when first assigned to duties in and around permit spaces; before there is a change in assigned duties; whenever there is a change in operations that presents a hazard; and whenever the permit-space entry procedures change.
- Target Audience
Employees who work in enclosed workspaces.
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of Confined Space Entrant/Attendant training, the student will be familiar with:Describe the entry permitDefine the system for preparation, issuance, use, and cancellation of the entry permitUnderstand permit-required confined spacesPractices to mitigate hazards encountered while working in a confined spaceInstruct your workers on the proper use of equipmentUnderstand the duties of the Attendant, Entrant and SupervisorUnderstand atmospheric hazards and atmospheric testing proceduresUnderstand the parameters of the electronic gas monitorUnderstand the basic properties of the four main gasses encountered in a confined spaceUnderstand ventilation techniquesDefine rescue and emergency procedures
- Practical Learning Objectives
- Certification Details
Written Exam: Written and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of each course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.Course Required By: OSHACFR Reference: 29 CFR 1910.146; 29 CFR 1915
- Validity Period Company Specific
- Accreditation or Standard
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Meals Included
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring your government issued ID.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Protecting lives and changing cultures since 2003
Our goal is to ensure that everyone in the energy industry has a safe work environment and the knowledge to perform their duties safely.+ More - Less
We know your workers are more than the tasks they perform; they are people with homes, families, and stories. Just as you desire to see each of your employees return home to their families safely, SMS aspires to provide a variety of safety services that help ensure that’s possible. Our responsibility to safety in the energy industry is attained by working together and promoting a safety culture.
Lafayette, United States Member Since May 2018
Medic First Aid / CPR / Bloodborne Pathogens ... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Incipient Firefighting/Fire Watch | J.Schneid... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Fall Protection User/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Forklift | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Crane API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.Sc... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Rigger API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.S... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Confined Space Entry/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Defensive Driving | J.Schneider | Lafayette,L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety/Respiratory Pro... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
DOT HM-126F | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)