Confined Space Supervisor | SMS | Lafayette, LA
- Prerequisites Confined Space Awareness training
- Student Min/Max 1/16
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM each day. The course ends at 4 PM CST on the same day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 8 Hours
- Course Summary
The Confined Space Supervisor course ensures that employers will provide training so that all employees whose work is regulated by this standard acquire the understanding, knowledge, and skills necessary for the safe performance of the duties assigned under this standard.
- Target Audience Individuals supervising a team who enters a confined work space.
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of Confined Space Supervisor training, the student will be familiar with:Hazards that may be faced during entry, including information on the mode, signs, or symptoms, and consequences of the exposureReview of CFR 1910.146 and CFR 1915Recommendations from CFR 1910.146 supervisor responsibilitiesHow to verify, by checking that the appropriate entries have been made on the permit; assuring all tests specified by the permit have been conducted and that all procedures and equipment specified by the permit are in place before allowing entry to beginWhen to terminate the entry and cancel the permit, including when:-The entry operations covered by the entry permit have been completed, or-A condition that is not allowed under the entry permit arises in or near the permit spaceHow to verify that rescue services are available and that the means for summoning them are operableHow to remove unauthorized individuals who enter or who attempt to enter the permit space during entry operationsSystem for the preparation, issuance, use and cancellation of entry permits as required, including the following components of the entry permitTechnical properties of gases and chemicals that may be found in confined spacesElectronic gas meter principles and limitationsVentilation techniques and calculations on air volumeRescue planning scenariosReview of accidents in confined spaces
- Practical Learning Objectives N/A
- Certification Details
Written Exam: Written and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of each course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
- Validity Period Company Specific
- Accreditation or Standard
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPhoto ID
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Medic First Aid / CPR / Bloodborne Pathogens ... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Incipient Firefighting/Fire Watch | J.Schneid... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Fall Protection User/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Forklift | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Crane API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.Sc... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Rigger API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.S... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Confined Space Entry/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Defensive Driving | J.Schneider | Lafayette,L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety/Respiratory Pro... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
DOT HM-126F | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)