Core Training Day 1 | SMS | Lafayette, LA
The student must be able to read and understand English. All trainees must be certified by a doctor to be in good health.
- Student Min/Max 1/24
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM each day. The course ends at 9 AM CST on the same day.Attendance Requirements: Attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Offered at our Lafayette and Shreveport location.
- Course duration 2 Hours
- Course Summary
The 1st day of a 3-day training focusing on the major OSHA standards and hazards of industries. Each employer is responsible for assuring compliance with these standards.
- Target Audience
Personnel working with hazardous waste operations and emergency response and transportation of hazardous materials.
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of CORE Training Day 1, the student will be familiar with:-Definitions, General Industry standards, U.S. Coast Guard and EPA standards-General explanation of the purpose for the regulations-Basic hands-on and familiarity with these subjects
- Practical Learning Objectives
Basic hands-on and familiarity with these subjects:-Access to Medical Records (Awareness)-Walking/Working Surfaces-Personnel Transfer-Hazardous Energy Control (Lockout/Tag-out, Breaking Containment)-Electrical Safety-PPE-Confined Space Awareness/Atmospheric Testing Awareness-Accident Prevention Signs & Tags-NORM Awareness-IDC Rig Pass Test (Optional)-Land Drilling Operations Safety Awareness (driving awareness, trenching awareness, snakes & insects, environmental awareness)-SEMS (BSEE)
- Certification Details
Written Exam: Written and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of each course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.Location: Offered both at our Lafayette and Shreveport location.
- Validity Period 1 Year
- Accreditation or Standard
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Meals Included
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
- Lodging Shuttle Service
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring your government issued ID.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Protecting lives and changing cultures since 2003
Our goal is to ensure that everyone in the energy industry has a safe work environment and the knowledge to perform their duties safely.+ More - Less
We know your workers are more than the tasks they perform; they are people with homes, families, and stories. Just as you desire to see each of your employees return home to their families safely, SMS aspires to provide a variety of safety services that help ensure that’s possible. Our responsibility to safety in the energy industry is attained by working together and promoting a safety culture.
Lafayette, United States Member Since May 2018
Medic First Aid / CPR / Bloodborne Pathogens ... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Incipient Firefighting/Fire Watch | J.Schneid... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Fall Protection User/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Forklift | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Crane API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.Sc... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Rigger API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.S... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Confined Space Entry/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Defensive Driving | J.Schneider | Lafayette,L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety/Respiratory Pro... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
DOT HM-126F | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)