Crane Operator Basics | SMS | Lafayette, LA
- Prerequisites Rigging 4hr Limited Hands-On
- Student Min/Max 1/16
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM or 12PM each day. The course ends at 12 PM or 4 PM CST on the same day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 4 Hours
- Course Summary
The Crane Operator Basics training program follows the “Recommended Practice” that has been established by API and is intended to serve as a guide to crane operators and rigging personnel in developing maintenance practices and procedures for use in the safe operations of pedestal-mounted revolving cranes on bottom-supported offshore platforms, jack-up drilling rigs, semi-submersible drilling rigs and other types of floating drilling equipment.Conformance to the programs and practices recommended herein is intended to result in safe and efficient crane operations. Each owner, Qualified Operator and Qualified Inspector is encouraged to follow the recommendations outlined herein, and to modify or supplement them with any practices or procedures which are more appropriate for the type of crane to be used. This course is API Accredited.
- Target Audience Crane Operators working in the petroleum industry.
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of Crane Operator Basics training, the student will be familiar with:The medical requirement(s) for crane operationsProper operation, inspection and maintenance of offshore hydraulic crane componentsDesignated personnel will be permitted to operate a crane covered by OSHA, BSEE, and U.S. Coast Guard regulation using guidelines recommended by API RP 2D 7th Edition
- Practical Learning Objectives
Demonstrating hands-on proficiency in the safe operation of the craneDemonstrating the use of proper hand signalsDemonstrating competency in reading a load chart
- Certification Details
CFR Reference: RP API 2D (7th Edition)Written Exam: Regulatory required with a minimum score of 70%. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.Students must satisfactorily complete all performance criteria as outlined in API RP 2D 7th Edition.
- Validity Period 4 Years
- Accreditation or Standard
- Trainer or Industry Specific
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring steel-toed boots, safety glasses, gloves, and coveralls.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Protecting lives and changing cultures since 2003
Our goal is to ensure that everyone in the energy industry has a safe work environment and the knowledge to perform their duties safely.+ More - Less
We know your workers are more than the tasks they perform; they are people with homes, families, and stories. Just as you desire to see each of your employees return home to their families safely, SMS aspires to provide a variety of safety services that help ensure that’s possible. Our responsibility to safety in the energy industry is attained by working together and promoting a safety culture.
Lafayette, United States Member Since May 2018
Medic First Aid / CPR / Bloodborne Pathogens ... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Incipient Firefighting/Fire Watch | J.Schneid... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Fall Protection User/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Forklift | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Crane API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.Sc... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Rigger API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.S... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Confined Space Entry/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Defensive Driving | J.Schneider | Lafayette,L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety/Respiratory Pro... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
DOT HM-126F | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)