Deck Safety | SMS | Lafayette, LA
- Prerequisites None
- Student Min/Max 1/24
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM or 12PM each day. The course ends at 12 PM or 4 PM CST on the same day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 4 Hours
- Course Summary
The Deck Safety course was designed to meet the training curriculum of the American Waterways operators, Responsible Carrier program (RCP). This program is an excellent tool to familiarize new crew members with the job requirements and safe work practices necessary for working in the maritime industry. It is also invaluable as a training resource to reinforce safe work habits for existing employees.
- Target Audience Designed for new crew members with the job requirements and safe work practices necessary for working in the maritime industry.
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of Deck Safety training, the student will be familiar with:Onboard duties and responsibilitiesWork policies and housekeepingSafety policies and practicesEmergency responseVessel incident responseInjury preventionSafe decking practicesLine handling
- Practical Learning Objectives None
- Certification Details
Written Exam: Written and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of each course.
- Validity Period 1 Year
- Accreditation or Standard
- American Waterways Responsible Carrier Program (RCP)
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring a government-issued ID.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- $ 1000
STCW First Aid and CPR New Orleans, US(0)
- $ 900
USCG Approved Basic Safety Training (BT) STCW... New Orleans, US(0)
USCG Approved STCW First Aid / CPR (STCW 2010... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
USCG Approved Basic Safety Training (BT) STCW... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
USCG Approved PSC (Proficiency in Survival Cr... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Medical Care Provider (MCP) (STCW 2010) (form... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Offshore Marine Service Association Safety Or... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Vessel Security Officer 2 Day Program – USC... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)