Dive Medical Technologist (DMT) Refresher | SMS | Lafayette, LA
DMT CertificationAHA BLS-HCP (CPR)Current EMT-Basic at a minimumLocation: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Student Min/Max 1/16
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM each day. The course ends at 4 PM CST on the 2nd day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 16 Hours
- Course Summary
This Diver Medical Technologist program is designed to refresh lifesaving skills for professional rescuers who have obtained DMT certification.
- Target Audience Dive Medical Technologists working in offshore environments.
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this Diver Medical Technologist training, the student will be familiar with:Review of Diving Physics, Anatomy/Physiology of the Ear and Hearing, Barotraumas (Squeeze and External Otitis), Inner Ear Barotraumas, Anatomy of the Chest, Respiratory Physiology, Physical Examination of the Chest, Pulmonary Over inflation Syndromes, Bubble Theory, Decompression Sickness, Neurological Examination, Treatment Table Review, Adjunctive Therapy, Drugs and Diving, Altitude Decompression, Physical Examination of Divers, Women and Diving, Central Nervous System Oxygen Toxicity, Pulmonary Oxygen Toxicity, Hypoxia, Carbon Dioxide Retention (Hypercapnia), Inert Gas Narcosis, Effects of Carbon Monoxide Toxicity, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Breath Hold Diving, Drowning and Near Drowning, Hypothermia, Underwater Work Hazards: Blasts, Shocks, Toxic Gas Exposure, Underwater Work Hazards: Dangerous Marine Life, Differential Diagnosis of Diving Accidents, Saturation Diving and High Pressure Nervous Syndrome, Dysbaric Osteonecrosis, Insertion of IV’s, Medication Administration, Suturing, Electrocardiograms, Hearing Conservation Program and Medical Exam, Hands-on practical exams conducted in a highly stressed with frequent “Simulations” performed by the students to demonstrate understanding of the management of diving and non-diving situations.
- Practical Learning Objectives None
- Certification Details
Written Exam: DMT refresher final exam minimum passing score 70%. Performance skills such as CPR, AED, bag-valve mask, patient assessment, oxygen administration, soft tissue injury and airway management will need to be performed to complete the program.
- Validity Period Refresher within current 2-year certification period
- Accreditation or Standard
- Trainer or Industry Specific
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring a government-issued ID.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Protecting lives and changing cultures since 2003
Our goal is to ensure that everyone in the energy industry has a safe work environment and the knowledge to perform their duties safely.+ More - Less
We know your workers are more than the tasks they perform; they are people with homes, families, and stories. Just as you desire to see each of your employees return home to their families safely, SMS aspires to provide a variety of safety services that help ensure that’s possible. Our responsibility to safety in the energy industry is attained by working together and promoting a safety culture.
Lafayette, United States Member Since May 2018
Emergency Medical Technician/Diver Medical Te... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Refresher ... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) | SMS | La... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) Refresher |... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) (formerly F... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Diver Medical Technologist (DMT) | SMS | Lafa... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)