DOT 49 CFR 171-180; 4hr Hazardous Chemical Transportation | SMS | Lafayette, LA
- Prerequisites None
- Student Min/Max 1/16
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM or 12PM each day. The course ends at 12 PM or 4 PM CST on the same day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 4 hrs
- Course Summary
The DOT CFR 49.171-180; 4 Hr Hazardous Chemical Transportation course will introduce the student to the world of hazardous materials and how they must be handled for transportation. This course will give the student a general awareness, in reference to handling hazardous materials. It will explain the considerations for determining what is considered a hazardous material and how it must be handled for transportation for all modes of transportation. The course is an overview of: the paperwork required for its transportation and how it must be handled; packaging required for the product; how the packaging must be marked and type markings required; and the requirements for loading and unloading such materials.
The course will also introduce how to recognize markings and what they mean, along with how they should be placed on the packaging. The student will also learn in a general way what to do in an emergency, understanding an “Emergency Response Guidebook” and how to use it.
- Target Audience offshore & onshore employees
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of DOT 49 CFR 171-180; Hazardous Chemical Transportation (formerly DOT HM-126F) 4hr training, the student will be familiar with:
- Requirements to handle and transport and transport hazardous materials
- The classes of hazardous materials
- Requirements of hazardous material paperwork and packaging
- Significance of markings placed on hazardous materials containers and packages
- Proper handling of hazardous materials
- The penalties and consequences if proper handling is not followed
- Emergency plan and how to activate it if an incident were to occur
- Employee responsibility in regards to security of hazardous materials
- Practical Learning Objectives Students will be required to be able to identify placards/labels with the use of a Hazardous Materials Guidebook.
- Certification Details
Course Required By: Department of Transportation
Written Exam: Written and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of each course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
- Validity Period Student is responsible for retraining every 3 years.
- Accreditation or Standard
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring a government-issued ID.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Medic First Aid / CPR / Bloodborne Pathogens ... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Incipient Firefighting/Fire Watch | J.Schneid... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Fall Protection User/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Forklift | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Crane API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.Sc... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Rigger API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.S... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Confined Space Entry/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Defensive Driving | J.Schneider | Lafayette,L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety/Respiratory Pro... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
DOT HM-126F | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)