DOT CFR 49.171-180; 16Hr Hazardous Chemical Transportation | SMS | Lafayette, LA
- Prerequisites N/A
- Student Min/Max 1/24
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM each day. The course ends at 4 PM CST on the 2nd day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 16 Hours
- Course Summary
This course will familiarize the student with how hazardous materials must be prepared for transportation. This course will teach the student how to use the Hazardous Material Table, along with function-specific training, in order to ship hazardous materials. The course will explain how to determine what is considered a hazardous materials and how it must be labeled and packaged for all modes of transportation. The course will further explain how to properly fill out the paperwork required for hazardous materials transportation and how it should be placarded for transport.
- Target Audience
Employees who work in hazardous environments with exposure to benzene gas.
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of DOT 49 CFR 171-180; Hazardous Chemical Transportation 16hr training, the student will be familiar with:What is 49 CFR 172 Subpart HConstruction of the Federal CodeHow to use the Hazardous Material Table including Appendix “A” and Appendix “B” to classify Hazardous materialsHow to properly fill out Shipping Papers (Bills of Laden, Dangerous Cargo Manifest ETC.) in accordance with DOT regulationsHow to properly mark Bulk and Non-bulk PackagingHow to label non-bulk packagingHow to placard bulk packaging and transport vehiclesEmergency response and reporting requirementsTraining requirements for the Hazmat EmployeeHazmat SecurityPackaging requirements and testing requirementsHazwoper
- Practical Learning Objectives
Work projects for most sections of trainingHands-on training with marking, labeling, and placarding of Non-Bulk and Bulk Packaging
- Certification Details
Written Exam: Written final exam with passing score of 80% is required for completion. If 80% is not achieved, remediation in the material for understanding is required before completion.Reference: DOT CFR 49.171-180
- Validity Period As required by the company.
- Accreditation or Standard
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Meals Included
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring your government issued ID.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Protecting lives and changing cultures since 2003
Our goal is to ensure that everyone in the energy industry has a safe work environment and the knowledge to perform their duties safely.+ More - Less
We know your workers are more than the tasks they perform; they are people with homes, families, and stories. Just as you desire to see each of your employees return home to their families safely, SMS aspires to provide a variety of safety services that help ensure that’s possible. Our responsibility to safety in the energy industry is attained by working together and promoting a safety culture.
Lafayette, United States Member Since May 2018
Medic First Aid / CPR / Bloodborne Pathogens ... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Incipient Firefighting/Fire Watch | J.Schneid... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Fall Protection User/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Forklift | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Crane API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.Sc... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Rigger API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.S... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Confined Space Entry/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Defensive Driving | J.Schneider | Lafayette,L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety/Respiratory Pro... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
DOT HM-126F | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)