Drug & Alcohol Supervisor | SMS | Lafayette, LA
- Prerequisites None
- Student Min/Max 1/16
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM each day. The course ends at 4 PM CST on the same day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 2 hrs
- Course Summary
The Drug & Alcohol Supervisor course satisfies the U.S. Department of Labor and the U.S. Coast Guard requirement for reasonable suspicion training for all employees designated to supervise regulated employees under applicable regulations.
The requirements apply to employees who have management or supervisor responsibilities, along with employees who have regular contact with regulated personnel.
Federal requirements mandate that the employer shall provide education materials that explain the requirements and the employer’s policies and procedures with respect to meeting these requirements.
- Target Audience offshore & onshore employees
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of Drug & Alcohol Supervisor training, the student will be familiar with or able to:
- The events leading up to the establishment of the Anti-Drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Program Regulations.
- Describe what safety-sensitive workers are and why safety-sensitive workers are part of the Anti-Drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Program.
- Define the six required types of tests in the Anti-Drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Program.
- Describe what prohibited conduct is for drug use and alcohol misuse.
- State the five prohibited drugs the program tests for and outline actions and effects of their use.
- Recall the consequences of a verified positive drug or alcohol test.
- Define alcohol and prohibited conduct under the Alcohol Misuse regulations.
- Recall the consequences for refusal to submit to a drug or alcohol test.
- Define the permanent bar and what behavior will cause a safety-sensitive worker to be permanently barred.
- Identify the indicators of probable drug use and/or alcohol misuse.
- Understand the supervisor’s responsibilities in the overall compliance program.
- Recall the signs and symptoms of illegal drug use and alcohol misuse.
- Define the supervisor’s role within the process for testing an employee based on reasonable cause/suspicion.
- Identify the steps of confronting an employee upon observation of the indicators of probable illegal drug use or alcohol misuse.
- Participate in an interactive scenario to make a determination to conduct a test.
- Recognize the importance of recordkeeping and appropriate documentation.
- Review questions that were asked by supervisors in other companies and the answers.
- Practical Learning Objectives None
- Certification Details
Course Required By: DOT, USCG
CFR Reference: 49 CFR Part 40; 46 CFR PART 4; OSHA’s General Duty Clause, Section 5(a)(1)
Written Exam: Written and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of the course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
Students will use actual Federal Chain of Custody forms and Reasonable Suspicion checklists for this course.
- Validity Period Company-specific
- Accreditation or Standard
- Trainer or Industry Specific
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring a government-issued ID.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Medic First Aid / CPR / Bloodborne Pathogens ... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Incipient Firefighting/Fire Watch | J.Schneid... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Fall Protection User/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Forklift | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Crane API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.Sc... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Rigger API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.S... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Confined Space Entry/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Defensive Driving | J.Schneider | Lafayette,L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety/Respiratory Pro... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
DOT HM-126F | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)