Electrical Safety (Authorized Employee) | SMS | Lafayette, LA
- Prerequisites None
- Student Min/Max 1/16
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM or 12PM each day. The course ends at 12 PM or 4 PM CST on the same day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 4 hrs
- Course Summary
Electricity is accepted as a source of power without much thought to the hazards encountered. Some employees work with electricity directly. This is the case with engineers, electricians, electronic technicians and power line workers. Others, such as office workers and salespeople work with it indirectly. Electrical Safety addresses the OSHA electrical standard which also addresses this serious workplace hazard that exposes employees to such dangers as electric shock, electrocution, fires and explosions. The terminal objective of the standard is to minimize the potential hazards by specifying design characteristics of safety in use of electrical equipment and systems.
- Target Audience offshore & onshore employees
- Theory Learning Objectives
- Familiarize workers with special precautionary techniques associated with electrical work
- Familiarize workers with proper PPE associated with electrical work
- Explain the use of insulation and shielding materials
- Explain the use of insulated tools used in electrical work
- Practical Learning Objectives None
- Certification Details
Course Required By: OSHA
Written Exam: Written competency will be evaluated at the end of each course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.CFR Reference:
- OSHA 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 1910 Subpart S.
- NFPA 70-2014 National Electrical Code.
- NFPA 70E-2015 Standard for Electrical Safety Requirements for Employee Workplaces.
- IEEE Standard 1584-2002 Guide for Performing Arc Flash Hazard Calculations.
- 29 CFR 1910.332
- Validity Period Company Specific
- Accreditation or Standard
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring a government-issued ID.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Protecting lives and changing cultures since 2003
Our goal is to ensure that everyone in the energy industry has a safe work environment and the knowledge to perform their duties safely.+ More - Less
We know your workers are more than the tasks they perform; they are people with homes, families, and stories. Just as you desire to see each of your employees return home to their families safely, SMS aspires to provide a variety of safety services that help ensure that’s possible. Our responsibility to safety in the energy industry is attained by working together and promoting a safety culture.
Lafayette, United States Member Since May 2018
Medic First Aid / CPR / Bloodborne Pathogens ... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Incipient Firefighting/Fire Watch | J.Schneid... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Fall Protection User/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Forklift | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Crane API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.Sc... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Rigger API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.S... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Confined Space Entry/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Defensive Driving | J.Schneider | Lafayette,L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety/Respiratory Pro... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
DOT HM-126F | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)