Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) (formerly First Responder) | SMS | Lafayette, LA
-Must be 16 years of age in order to enter the program.-Must be in good physical health and able to perform the duties of an Emergency Medical Responder.-Professional rescuer level CPR is a prerequisite. The student must be verified at the provider level before entering the course. The student can opt to take the online CPR class and print the completion certificate (www.onlineaha.org). The student must present a copy of the certificate at the beginning of class on Monday to be checked off on their skills prior to the start of the emergency medical responder course or they will be denied entry into the program. CPR as a co-requisite (obtaining CPR verification during the course) is no longer acceptable.-Prospective students must complete the criminal background affidavit in their own handwriting. Prospective students must have all misdemeanor and felony convictions reviewed by the EMS Certification Commission and by the National Registry (if applicable). They may not have a physical or psychological dependence to any substance other than those recognized as therapeutic treatments for valid medical conditions for which they are currently under the care of a physician. The applicant must also agree to an investigation by the sponsoring agency to verify these facts if the agency sees fit to initiate such an investigation
- Student Min/Max 1/16
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM each day. The course ends at 4 PM CST on the 5th day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 40 hrs
- Course Summary
The Emergency Medical Responder program is designed to teach emergency medical responder lifesaving skills as stated in the course objectives listed below. Upon successful completion of the course, the student will receive certification as an Emergency Medical Responder from the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals, Bureau of Emergency Medical Services.
- Target Audience offshore & onshore employees
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of Emergency Medical Responder training, the student will be familiar with:
- Use of the AED
- Managing airway problems
- Using oxygen delivery devices and applying oxygen
- Monitoring blood pressure and vital signs
- Performing initial patient assessment and ongoing assessment until advances care arrives
- Pediatric emergencies
- Obstetrics and gynecological emergencies, care of the newborn
- Basic fundamental documentation of emergency medical care
- Managing bleeding emergencies and splinting potential fractures and related injuries
- Assessment and treatment of medical emergencies
- Practical Learning Objectives None
- Certification Details
Written Exam:Emergency Medical Responder final exam minimum passing score is 70%.
*Note: Performance skills, such as long bone stabilization, bag-valve mask, patient assessment, oxygen administration, soft tissue injury and airway management will need to be performed to complete the program.
- Validity Period Bi-annual refresher training is required, which consists of a 3-day class, must be taken prior to the September 30th deadline. If the student has not taken a first responder refresher by September 30th, they will need the initial 5-day course.
- Accreditation or Standard
- Trainer or Industry Specific
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring a government-issued ID.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Emergency Medical Technician/Diver Medical Te... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Refresher ... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) | SMS | La... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) Refresher |... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Diver Medical Technologist (DMT) | SMS | Lafa... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Dive Medical Technologist (DMT) Refresher | S... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)