Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Refresher | SMS | Lafayette, LA
- Prerequisites Current EMT-Basic certification
- Student Min/Max 1/16
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM each day. The course ends at 4 PM CST on the 3rd day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 40 hrs
- Course Summary
The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Refresher program (40hrs total) is designed to refresh cognitive and psychomotor basic lifesaving skills for Emergency Medical Technicians at the Basic level.
- Target Audience offshore & onshore employees
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of Emergency Medical Technician Refresher training, the student will be familiar with:
- Performing CPR
- Utilizing an AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- Managing airway problems and new advanced airway techniques
- Using oxygen delivery devices and applying oxygen
- Monitoring blood pressure and vital signs
- Performing initial patient assessment and ongoing assessment until advanced medical care arrives
- Documentation of emergency medical care
- Managing bleeding emergencies and splinting potential fractures and related injuriesThis course includes everything that is required for students to re-certify with NREMT and LA BEMS.
- Practical Learning Objectives
Performance skills, such as CPR, AED, bag valve mask, patient assessment, oxygen administration, soft tissue injury and airway management, fracture and spinal immobilization, will need to be performed to complete the program as well as introduce the student to new and updated skills and knowledge. Successful completion is mandatory.
Upon successful completion of the course the student will be given a certificate of completion as required by the Louisiana Bureau of Emergency Medical Services, reflecting completion of the refresher course.
- Certification Details
Course Required By: National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians; Louisiana Bureau of Emergency Medical Services for recertification
Written Exam: EMT refresher final exam minimum passing score is 70%
- Validity Period Bi-annually as per National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician Standards
- Accreditation or Standard
- Trainer or Industry Specific
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring a government-issued ID.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Emergency Medical Technician/Diver Medical Te... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) | SMS | La... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) Refresher |... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) (formerly F... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Diver Medical Technologist (DMT) | SMS | Lafa... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Dive Medical Technologist (DMT) Refresher | S... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)