Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) | SMS | Lafayette, LA
- Prerequisites In order to enroll in our EMT programs, a student must have a high school diploma or GED and be at least 18 years old. Students must also demonstrate a minimum standard of reading aptitude and must be physically able to perform the duties of an EMT.
- Student Min/Max 1/16
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM each day. End times vary depending on the daily activities.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.Course duration depends on ride/ clinical times.
- Course duration 180-210 hrs
- Course Summary
The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) curriculum is designed to teach basic lifesaving skills to individuals who desire to enter the emergency medical services profession.
- Target Audience offshore & onshore employees
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of Emergency Medical Technician-Basic training, the student will be familiar with:
- Performing CPR
- Utilizing an AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- Managing airway problems
- Using oxygen delivery devices and applying oxygen
- Monitoring blood pressure and vital signs
- Performing initial patient assessment and ongoing assessment until advanced medical care arrives
- Obstetrics and gynecological emergencies
- Pediatric emergencies
- Ambulance operations
- Documentation of emergency medical care
- Managing bleeding emergencies and splinting potential fractures and related injuries
- Skills and knowledge required by the United States Department of Transportation Curriculum on Emergency Medical Technician-Basic Level
- Practical Learning Objectives None
- Certification Details
Written Exam: American Heart healthcare provider exam requires a minimum passing score of 85%. EMT final exam minimum passing score is 70%. Satisfactory assessment of psychomotor skills, such as CPR, AED, bag valve mask, patient assessment, oxygen administration, soft tissue injury and airway management, fracture immobilization and spinal immobilization must be completed to successfully complete the program.
Upon successful completion of the course the student will be eligible to apply for the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians exam and obtain Louisiana State certification after passage of the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians written and practical exam. Local ambulance rotations are mandatory and consist of a 12hr ride-along in the pre-hospital environment.
- Validity Period Company Specific
- Accreditation or Standard
- Trainer or Industry Specific
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring a government-issued ID.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Emergency Medical Technician/Diver Medical Te... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Refresher ... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) Refresher |... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) (formerly F... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Diver Medical Technologist (DMT) | SMS | Lafa... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Dive Medical Technologist (DMT) Refresher | S... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)