Fall Protection Authorized Person | SMS | Lafayette, LA
- Prerequisites None
- Student Min/Max 1/16
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM or 12PM each day. The course ends at 12 PM or 4 PM CST on the same day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 8 hrs
- Course Summary
The Fall Protection Authorized Person course provides training in fall protection and its use. Many employees in general industry work on scaffolds, climb up and down ladders, walk on narrow stairs, work in areas where there may be holes in the floor, or work on elevated floors which have unprotected edges.
Careless or improper use of equipment can result in serious injury or death. Employers and employees should know how to use personal fall arrest systems, including manufacturers’ recommendations. Employees should be trained in the selection of personal fall protection equipment.
- Target Audience offshore & onshore employees
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of Fall Protection Authorized Person training, the student will be familiar with:
- - Fall hazards
- Methods of keeping a worker from falling
- -What happens during a fall
- - Hands-on demonstration of personal fall arrest system equipment
- - Understanding self-rescue techniques
- - The need to report fall hazards
- - The importance of housekeeping
- Practical Learning Objectives Students must be able to correctly select, inspect and use a personal fall arrest system. Demonstrate proper Hazard identification and elimination; demonstrate proper climbing techniques while being tied off 100%; prepare a proper JSA; and demonstrate proper self-rescue techniques at heights
- Certification Details
Course Required By: OSHACFR Reference: 29 CFR 1910.66; 29 CFR 1926.500, 501, 502, 503; ANSI Z359.1
Written Exam: Written and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of each course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
- Validity Period Retraining is required when regulations change or new equipment is introduced in the workplace that requires specialized training.
- Accreditation or Standard
- Trainer or Industry Specific
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring a government-issued ID.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Medic First Aid / CPR / Bloodborne Pathogens ... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Incipient Firefighting/Fire Watch | J.Schneid... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Fall Protection User/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Forklift | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Crane API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.Sc... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Rigger API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.S... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Confined Space Entry/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Defensive Driving | J.Schneider | Lafayette,L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety/Respiratory Pro... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
DOT HM-126F | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)