Fall Protection Awareness | SMS | Lafayette, LA
- Prerequisites None
- Student Min/Max 1/16
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM or 12PM each day. The course ends at 12 PM or 4 PM CST on the same day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 2 hrs
- Course Summary
The Fall Protection Awareness module fulfills basic requirements for those employees who may be exposed to hazards involving falls. The module further fulfills the basic requirements outlined in Occupational Safety and Health guidelines, Code of Federal Regulations 29 CFR 1926.501, 29 CFR 1926.502 and 29 CFR 1926.503.
This program shall enable each employee to recognize the hazards of falling. Each employee will be trained to follow procedures created to minimize hazards from falls.
- Target Audience offshore & onshore employees
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of Fall Protection Awareness training, the student will be familiar with:
- - Fall categories
- Fall Protection systems
- - Definitions associated with Fall Protection Equipment
- - Anchor systems
- Rescue and escape systems
- - Use and care of Fall Protection Equipment
- Practical Learning Objectives None
- Certification Details
Written Exam: Written and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of each course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
Students must be able to make the selection and use of personal fall arrest systems, put on a full body harness, and know the methods of using a full body harness. The student must also be able to demonstrate the use of a full body harness, properly inspect and store the equipment.
Course Required By: OSHA
CFR Reference: 29 CFR 1926.501; 29 CFR 1926.502; 29 CFR 1926.503
- Validity Period
- Accreditation or Standard
- Trainer or Industry Specific
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring a government-issued ID.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Medic First Aid / CPR / Bloodborne Pathogens ... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Incipient Firefighting/Fire Watch | J.Schneid... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Fall Protection User/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Forklift | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Crane API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.Sc... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Rigger API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.S... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Confined Space Entry/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Defensive Driving | J.Schneider | Lafayette,L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety/Respiratory Pro... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
DOT HM-126F | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)