Fall Protection Competent Person/Industrial Rescue | SMS | Lafayette, LA
- Prerequisites Fall Protection Authorized Person
- Student Min/Max 1/16
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM or 12PM each day. The course ends at 12 PM or 4 PM CST on the same day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 8 hrs
- Course Summary
The Fall Protection Competent Person/Industrial Rescue course is intended for those whose job responsibilities require them to actively supervise employees and contractors working at elevation. This is an interactive session with demonstration, written exams, and field exercises to accomplish the course objectives.
Competent Person: One who is capable of identifying existing and predictable hazards in the surroundings or working conditions which are unsanitary, hazardous or dangerous to employees, and has the authorization to take prompt corrective measures to eliminate them.
- Target Audience offshore & onshore employees
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of Fall Protection Competent Person/Industrial Rescue training, the student will be familiar with:
- - Standards review and how to apply them
- - Understanding the importance of fall protection safety
- - ABCs of fall protection – anchorage, body support and connecting means
- - Passive and active systems
- - Lanyards: Shock-absorbing and self-retracting
- - 100% tie off
- - Introduction to specialized fall protection equipment
- - Life lines horizontal/vertical
- - Ladder climbing systems
- - Work positioning systems
- - Controlled decent devices
- - Fall arrest system clearance diagrams
- - Identification of fall hazards
- - Fall hazard assessment techniques
- - Rescue considerations
- Practical Learning Objectives Students must be able to correctly select, inspect and install a personal fall arrest system; demonstrate proper Hazard identification, elimination, and climbing techniques while being tied off 100%; prepare a proper JSA; and demonstrate proper self-rescue techniques.
- Certification Details
Course Required By: OSHACFR Reference:OSHA Subpart C-1926.32 (f); ANSI Z359.1-1992 7.2.3Written Exam:Written and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of each course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
- Validity Period Company Specific
- Accreditation or Standard
- Trainer or Industry Specific
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring a government-issued ID.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Medic First Aid / CPR / Bloodborne Pathogens ... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Incipient Firefighting/Fire Watch | J.Schneid... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Fall Protection User/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Forklift | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Crane API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.Sc... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Rigger API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.S... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Confined Space Entry/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Defensive Driving | J.Schneider | Lafayette,L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety/Respiratory Pro... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
DOT HM-126F | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)