Forklift | AnP Safety And Training | Houston, TX
This course shall have no formal pre-requisite.
- Student Min/Max 1/25
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Start / Finish Times: Training courses will begin at 7:30 am and should conclude by 4:30 pm; it is recommended that delegates arrive at 7:00 am.
Breaks: 10 minutes (approximately every hour)
Lunch: 1 Hour (if applicable)
Meals / Refreshments: Delegates will be provided with a 1-hour lunch break with meals provided at client’s expense. Coffee and water will be available free of charge. Periodic breaks will be offered to delegate’s during training.
- Course duration 6-8 hours - Course length shall vary depending on the number of delegates. Total course time includes breaks. 3-4 hours - Course length shall vary depending on the number of delegates. Total course time includes breaks.
- Course Summary
Class Size: The maximum number of delegates that may be trained and tested per instructor
shall be thirty-five (35) in the classroom session and thirty-five (35) in the practical session.
- Provide delegates assigned to operate industrial Forklift/Lift Truck the necessary skills to safely perform their jobs.
- Provide delegates with recommended practices and guidelines to perform safely while working with Forklift/Lift Trucks.
- Delegates should be able to demonstrate the necessary skills during practical examination and demonstrate knowledge during written examination.
- Power Point© / Lecture / Audio Video / Visual Aids
- Practical Exercises
- Target Audience
This training programme is designed to meet the offshore safety and emergency response training requirements for personnel new (or returning) to the offshore oil and gas industry in a tropical environment.
- Theory Learning Objectives
- Why Training…?
- Regulation – OSHA 29 CFR 1910.178
- Purpose of Training
- OSHA Statistics
- Types of Forklifts
o Liquid Propane
- Lift Truck Characteristics
- Major Components
- Pre-Use/Daily Inspection
- Safety Equipment
- Operational Equipment
- Operator Responsibilities
- Forklift Physics
- Teeter-Totter Principle
- Stability Triangle
- Center of Gravity
- Forward Tipping
- Side Tipping
- Data Plate
- Inch Pound Equation
o With Example
- Load Position
- Multiple Load Position
- Boom Angles (Boom Type Forklifts)
- Basic Operational Items
o Steering Wheel
o Directional Controls
o HornM&A Safety Services
o Parking Brake
- Rear Wheel Steering
o Turning Arc
o Turning Radius
- Tire Types
- Hydraulic Lift Controls
- Lift System Components
- Control Movement
o Feathering Technique
- Forklift Travel
- Carrying Loads
- Carrying Large Loads
- Traveling on Inclines/Declines
- Traveling Surfaces
o Gravel, Sand, Mud, Dirt, Tracks, etc…
- Loading Docks
- Loading/Unloading Trailers
- Forklift Parking
- Operator Safety
o Safety features to guard against a roll over
- Seat Belt, Overhead Guard, Etc…
- General Safety
o Do’s and Don’ts
o Warning Lights
- Forklift Refueling/Recharging
o Gasoline/Diesel Refueling Procedures
o Propane Refueling Procedures
o Battery Recharging
o Changing Batteries
- Practical Learning Objectives
Practical training shall utilize a Forklift/Lift Truck similar to the type the employee will operate.Practical shall verify the following:- Properly select and wear appropriate PPE during practical training- Conduct proper pre-use inspection of Forklift and equipment- Ability to remove the Forklift out of service if it is unsafe to operateM&A Safety Services- Effectively controls the Forklift using smooth starts & stops- Ability to react to unusual or emergency situations- Moves material in a safe and controlled manner- Travels at adequate speeds with load as low as possible- Aware of surroundings and other workers while operating Forklift- Demonstrates knowledge of safe parking- Sets parking brake before exiting the Forklift- Turns power off and removes the key before exiting Forklift
- Certification Details
- Onsite Forklift/Lift Truck
Reference Material / Documents
OSHA 29 CFR 1910.178
Successful Course Completion
- Requires a minimum score of 75% or better.
- Delegates will have no more than thirty (30) minutes to complete the exam.
- Grades shall be calculated by dividing the number of questions answered correctly by
the total number of exam questions.
- Successful completion of practical session is mandatory.
- Validity Period Company Specific
- Accreditation or Standard
- Cancellation Policy - Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
- Client Site
- Hotel Meeting Room
- Conference Center
Services and Amenities
- Meals Included
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
13501 Katy Freeway, Houston, TX, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring a government-issued ID.
- Health and Safety ConsiderationsAnP Safety & Training has your best interest in offering a safe and healthy environment while attending our courses. We encourage the STOP WORK AUTHORITY. If anyone witnesses any unsafe or unhealthy behavior or conditions, we ask you to report those issues to us.
About Your Trainer,ssss
AnP Safety & Training are occupational safety professionals with over 15 years of safety training experience! Trust that we will deliver the best learning experience.
Medic First Aid / CPR / Bloodborne Pathogens ... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Incipient Firefighting/Fire Watch | J.Schneid... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Fall Protection User/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Forklift | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Crane API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.Sc... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Rigger API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.S... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Confined Space Entry/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Defensive Driving | J.Schneider | Lafayette,L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety/Respiratory Pro... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
DOT HM-126F | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)