Hazard Communication (HAZCOM) | SMS | Lafayette, LA
- Prerequisites None
- Student Min/Max 1/16
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM or 12 PM each day. The course ends at 12 PM or 4 PM CST on the same day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 4 hrs
- Course Summary
The Hazard Communication (HAZCOM) training module meets Occupational Safety and Health Administration guidelines for training and awareness pertaining to the hazard communications standard, this module fulfills basic requirements for employees who may be exposed to hazardous chemicals. The module further fulfills the basic requirements outlined in Occupational Safety and Health guidelines, Code of Federal Regulations 29 CFR 1910.1200.
The course specifically trains employees to know that they are exposed to hazardous chemicals. Included is how to read SDS sheets use and read labels. Students will become familiar with the Globally Harmonized System.
- Target Audience offshore & onshore employees
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of Hazard Communication (HAZCOM) training, the student will be familiar with:
- Hazard Determination
- Hazardous Chemical List
- Safety Data Sheets
- Definitions associated with Hazard Communications and GHS
- Hazardous Material Labeling System
- Employee Training
- Practical Learning Objectives Students will use actual SDS sheets to determine safety information on simulated chemical container prior to handling the product.
- Certification Details
Course Required By: OSHA
CFR Reference: 29 CFR 1910.1200
Written Exam: Written and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of each course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
- Validity Period Whenever a new, not previously trained in, physical or health hazard is to be introduced into the employee’s work area.
- Accreditation or Standard
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring a government-issued ID.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Medic First Aid / CPR / Bloodborne Pathogens ... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Incipient Firefighting/Fire Watch | J.Schneid... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Fall Protection User/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Forklift | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Crane API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.Sc... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Rigger API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.S... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Confined Space Entry/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Defensive Driving | J.Schneider | Lafayette,L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety/Respiratory Pro... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
DOT HM-126F | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)