HAZWOPER Operations Level | SMS | Lafayette, LA
- Prerequisites None
- Student Min/Max 1/16
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM each day. The course ends at 4 PM CST on the same day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 8 hrs
- Course Summary
Emergency response refers to a response effort by designated personnel to an occurrence that results in, or is likely to result in, an uncontrolled release of a hazardous substance.
The Hazardous Waste Operations (HAZWOPER) Operator course is designed for first responders at the operations level. They are personnel likely to witness or discover a hazardous substance release and then initiate an emergency response by notifying the proper authorities of the release and then have the ability to operate within the incident command structure to passively contain or control a leak.
- Target Audience offshore & onshore employees
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response; Operations Level (HAZMAT) 8hr training, the student will be familiar with:
- The responsibilities of a first responder at the operations level
- The specialized training that is required for first responders at the operations level
- The types of hazards that first responders at the operations level may witness
- The various routes for chemical exposure
- Practical Learning Objectives None
- Certification Details
Course Required By: OSHA
CFR Reference: 1910.120(q)(6)(i)
Written Exam: Written and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of each course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
Students will be responsible for the recognition of Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) incidents and activation of the emergency response plan.
- Validity Period Students will be required to annually refresh training with sufficient content and duration to maintain their competencies.
- Accreditation or Standard
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring a government-issued ID.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Medic First Aid / CPR / Bloodborne Pathogens ... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Incipient Firefighting/Fire Watch | J.Schneid... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Fall Protection User/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Forklift | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Crane API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.Sc... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Rigger API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.S... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Confined Space Entry/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Defensive Driving | J.Schneider | Lafayette,L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety/Respiratory Pro... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
DOT HM-126F | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)