HAZWOPER Tech Level (OSHA 24 Hrs) | SMS | Lafayette, LA
- Prerequisites None
- Student Min/Max 1/16
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM each day. The course ends at 4 PM CST on the 3rd day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 24 hrs
- Course Summary
The Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response; Tech Level (OSHA) (HAZMAT) 24-hour course is designed to make employees capable of acting as the technician or incident commander only after the employee has become familiar with and has demonstrated through their company the additional requirements of 29 CFR 1910.120. Emergency response refers to a response effort by designated personnel to an occurrence that results in, or is likely to result in, an uncontrolled release of a hazardous substance. Upon completion, 24-hour first responders are personnel who are likely to witness or discover a hazardous substance release, initiate an emergency response by notifying the proper authorities of the release and then have the ability to operate within the incident command structure to actively contain or control a leak.
- Target Audience offshore & onshore employees
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response; Tech Level (OSHA) (HAZMAT) 24hr training, the student will be able to:
- Function within and assigned role in the Incident Command System
- Know how to select and use proper specialized chemical personal protective equipment provided to the hazardous materials technician
- Understand hazard and risk assessment techniques
- Perform advanced control, containment and/or confinement operations within the capabilities of the resources and personal protective equipment available with the unit
- Understand and implement decontamination procedures
- Understand terminations procedures
- Understand basic chemical and toxicological terminology and behavior
- Practical Learning Objectives None
- Certification Details
Course Required By: OSHA
CFR Reference: 1910.120(q)(6)(i)
Written Exam: Written and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of each course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
- Validity Period Site-specific. Students will be required to annually refresh training with sufficient content and duration to maintain their competencies.
- Accreditation or Standard
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring a government-issued ID.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Protecting lives and changing cultures since 2003
Our goal is to ensure that everyone in the energy industry has a safe work environment and the knowledge to perform their duties safely.+ More - Less
We know your workers are more than the tasks they perform; they are people with homes, families, and stories. Just as you desire to see each of your employees return home to their families safely, SMS aspires to provide a variety of safety services that help ensure that’s possible. Our responsibility to safety in the energy industry is attained by working together and promoting a safety culture.
Lafayette, United States Member Since May 2018
Medic First Aid / CPR / Bloodborne Pathogens ... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Incipient Firefighting/Fire Watch | J.Schneid... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Fall Protection User/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Forklift | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Crane API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.Sc... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Rigger API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.S... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Confined Space Entry/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Defensive Driving | J.Schneider | Lafayette,L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety/Respiratory Pro... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
DOT HM-126F | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)