Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO) Firefighting Day 2 | SMS | Lafayette, LA
- Prerequisites None
- Student Min/Max 1/24
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM each day. The course ends at 4 PM CST on the same day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 8 hrs
- Course Summary
The Helicopter Landing Officer Firefighting (HLO FF) course prepares the student on duties and responsibilities in the event of a helicopter accident while on an offshore oil installation and to prepare the student on maintaining readiness before arrival and during departure of a helicopter. This course is designed to meet the initial training requirements for HLO Firefighting for Offshore Helicopter Landing Officers. Successful completion enables the candidate to work offshore after receiving site-specific training.
- Target Audience offshore & onshore employees
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO) Firefighting Day 2 training, the student will be able to:
- Helicopter operational hazards
- Possible ignition sources
- Appropriate firefighting equipment
- Discuss the importance of regular emergency drills
- Recognize common emergency vessel and platform alarms
- Donning of appropriate firefighting protection gear, to include SCBA (Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus)
- Develop and implement hazard awareness while entering the incident area
- Demonstrate movement strategies during an incident on a helideck
- Discuss the importance of having an escape route during rescue operations
- Discuss your role in the emergency response plan while responding to an incident
- Conduct search and rescue of missing persons
- Determine identity of missing persons using a POB (Person On Board) and passenger flight manifest list
- Discuss the importance of Point Last Seen (PLS) before initiating a hasty search
- Discuss use of the fire and emergency alarm to allow for a complete muster of crew members on board
- Discuss general principles of accessing and removing trapped passengers in a helicopter
- Demonstrate moving injured personnel to a safe location using a stretcher, backboard, and other available litters
- Demonstrate moving injured personnel to a safe location using emergency carries to include a one person assist, two person assist, clothes drag, extremity drag, and blanket drag
- Discuss the different firefighting principles, as they pertain to helicopter operations
- Describe procedures for cleaning up helicopter fuel spills
- Practical Learning Objectives None
- Certification Details
Course Required By: Employer-specific
Written Exam: Written and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of each course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
- Validity Period Every 3 years.
- Accreditation or Standard
- Trainer or Industry Specific
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring a government-issued ID.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Medic First Aid / CPR / Bloodborne Pathogens ... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Incipient Firefighting/Fire Watch | J.Schneid... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Fall Protection User/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Forklift | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Crane API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.Sc... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Rigger API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.S... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Confined Space Entry/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Defensive Driving | J.Schneider | Lafayette,L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety/Respiratory Pro... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
DOT HM-126F | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)