Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO) | SMS | Lafayette, LA
- Prerequisites None
- Student Min/Max 1/16
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM each day. The course ends at 4 PM CST on the same day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 8 hrs
- Course Summary
The Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO) Day 1 course instructs the student on safe helicopter operations prior to arrival and departure from an offshore oil installation location.
- Target Audience offshore & onshore employees
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO) Day 1 training, the student will be familiar with:
Key Role: Control the response to offshore helideck emergencies and routine operations (Helicopter Landing Officer)
Unit 1: Maintain a state of readiness
Element 1.1: Identify and locate helicopter operational hazards, hazardous areas, access routes and points
Element 1.2: Identify, locate and operate all relevant equipment and controls
Element 1.3: Conduct emergency exercises
Unit 2: Prepare for emergencies
Element 2.1: Respond to appropriate alarms
Element 2.2: Prepare for helicopter landing
Element 2.3: Prepare to enter the incident area
Unit 3: Control the response to emergencies
Element 3.1: Enter the incident area and work safely
Element 3.2: Control the rescue of personnel
Element 3.3: Control firefighting operations
Element 3.4: Control non-firefighting operations
Unit 4: Supervise helicopter landing and departure
Element 4.1: Prepare for helicopter landing
Element 4.2: Prepare for helicopter departure
Unit 5: Supervise cargo handling
Element 5.1: Coordinate preparation of freight
Element 5.2: Supervise loading and unloading of passengers, baggage and freight
Unit 6: Supervise the refueling of the helicopter
Element 6.1: Prepare for refueling
Element 6.2: Refuel the helicopter
Element 6.3: Shut down the refueling system
- Practical Learning Objectives None
- Certification Details
Course Required By: EmployerWritten Exam: Written and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of each course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
- Validity Period Recommended retraining every 3 years.
- Accreditation or Standard
- Trainer or Industry Specific
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring a government-issued ID.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Protecting lives and changing cultures since 2003
Our goal is to ensure that everyone in the energy industry has a safe work environment and the knowledge to perform their duties safely.+ More - Less
We know your workers are more than the tasks they perform; they are people with homes, families, and stories. Just as you desire to see each of your employees return home to their families safely, SMS aspires to provide a variety of safety services that help ensure that’s possible. Our responsibility to safety in the energy industry is attained by working together and promoting a safety culture.
Lafayette, United States Member Since May 2018
Medic First Aid / CPR / Bloodborne Pathogens ... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Incipient Firefighting/Fire Watch | J.Schneid... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Fall Protection User/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Forklift | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Crane API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.Sc... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Rigger API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.S... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Confined Space Entry/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Defensive Driving | J.Schneider | Lafayette,L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety/Respiratory Pro... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
DOT HM-126F | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)