Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) / Respiratory Protection | M&A Safety Services | Youngsville, LA
- Prerequisites This course shall have no formal pre-requisite.
- Student Min/Max 1/4
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Start / Finish Times: Training courses will begin at 7:30 am and should conclude by 4:30 pm; it is recommended that delegates arrive at 7:00 am.
Breaks: 10 minutes (approximately every hour)
Lunch: 1 Hour (if applicable)
Meals / Refreshments: Delegates will be provided with a 1-hour lunch break with meals provided at client’s expense. Coffee and water will be available free of charge. Periodic breaks will be offered to delegate’s during training.
- Course duration 3-4 hours - Course length shall vary depending on the number of delegates. Total course time includes breaks.
- Course Summary
Course Objective- Provide delegates with the sources, hazards and effects of Hydrogen Sulfide.- Provide delegates with warning, monitoring and detection systems for H2S.- Address Emergency Response Planning and H2S.- Provide delegates with the information needed to successfully wear respirators.- Provide delegates knowledge about the requirements of a respiratory protection program.- Address different types of respirators and their use.- Address inspection, maintenance, and storage requirements.- Delegates should be able to demonstrate knowledge during written examination.Class Size: The maximum number of delegates that may be trained and tested per instructor shall be thirty–five (35) in the classroom session.Course Design- Power Point© / Lecture / Audio Video / Visual Aids- Demonstrations
- Target Audience
This training programme is designed to meet the offshore safety and emergency response training requirements for personnel new (or returning) to the offshore oil and gas industry in a tropical environment.
- Theory Learning Objectives
About Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S)
- Key Terms
o Auto Ignition
o Flammable Limits
o Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL)
o Threshold Limit Value (TLV)
o Short Term Exposure Limit (STEL)
o Immediate Dangerous to Life and Health (IDLH)
o National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
o Parts Per Million (PPM)
- What is H2S?
- H2S vs. Other Notable Deadly Gases
- H2S Common Names
- Disposal method
- H2S Limitations
- Where is H2S found?
- H2S Accumulation
- H2S Reactivity
Effects of Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S)
- Respiratory System Effects
- Respiratory System
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Exposure Limits
- H2S Signs and Symptoms of Exposure
o 0-50 PPM
o 100-300 PPM
- Olfactory Nerve Paralysis
o 300-600 PPM
o 600-1000 PPM
- Phrenic Nerve Function
- Variables Effecting SymptomsM&A Safety Services
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Detection
- Methods of Detection (advantages/disadvantages)
o Calorimetric Tubes
o Personal Electronic Detectors
o Fixed Detectors
- Common Effects from Respirator Use
- Why Wear a Respirator?
- Breathing Air Composition
- Employee Control Measures
o Engineering Controls
o Administrative Controls
o Personal Protective Equipment
- Employer Responsibilities
- Respiratory Protection Program Requirements
- Employee Responsibilities
- Types of Respirators
o Air Purifying
o Supplied Air
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Atmospheric Supplied Air
- Cascade Systems
- Escape Packs
- Fit Testing
o Medical Requirements
- Respirator Usage
- Respirator Inspection
- Respirator Maintenance
- Proper Donning/Doffing
- Respirator Storage
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety
- Arriving at a H2S Location
- Wind Direction Example
- Affected Employee Requirements
- When H2S is Present
- Site Location Condition Flags
o Green – Possible DangerM&A Safety Services
o Yellow – Moderate Danger
o Red – Extreme Danger
- Other Deadly Gases Associated with H2S
o Carbon Dioxide (CO2)
o Sulfur Dioxide (SO2)
- Regular Drills
- Practical Learning Objectives
While there is no practical session for this course, employers commonly include a Respirator Fit or Pulmonary Function test as a preparatory step prior to deployment of a worker.
- Certification Details
Training Center Provided Material
- Course Materials
Reference Material / Documents
-BSSE 30 CFR 250.490
-OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134
Successful Course Completion
- Requires a minimum score of 75% or better.
- Delegates will have no more than thirty (30) minutes to complete the exam.
- Grades shall be calculated by dividing the number of questions answered correctly by the total number of exam questions.
- Validity Period Company Specific
- Accreditation or Standard
- Cancellation Policy
The policy set below is set by the website. If you wish to cancel a booking, kindly refer to the Learner FAQ page found in the footer of the website.Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
512 Viaulet Road, Youngsville, LA 70592, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring a government-issued ID.
- Health and Safety ConsiderationsPhysical / Health Demands:
Emergency response training contains physically demanding and potentially stressful elements. All personnel who participate in such training must be medically fit and capable of participating fully. All personnel will be required to complete a self-declaration of fitness form prior to the commencement of practical.
About Your Trainer,ssss
M&A Safety Services is a full service safety training company located in Youngsville, Louisiana. Our ownership team made up of Bryan Aucoin, Travis Martin, and Don Romero bring countless years of experience in both HSE and operational experience in the Production, Construction, and Drilling industries.
Medic First Aid / CPR / Bloodborne Pathogens ... Lafayette, US(0)
Incicpient Firefighting/Fire Watch | J.Schnei... Lafayette, US(0)
Fall Protection User/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Lafayette, US(0)
Forklift | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Crane API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.Sc... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Rigger API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.S... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Confined Space Entry/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Defensive Driving | J.Schneider | Lafayette,L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety/Respiratory Pro... Lafayette, US(0)
DOT HM-126F | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)