Incipient Firefighting/Fire Watch | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Student Min/Max 1/27
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Daily Start Time - 1:00pm CSTBreaks - Few daily as needed or as scheduled.
- Course duration ½ Day (duration varies according to participants)
- Course Summary
- Understand the elements required to sustain a fire and how to extinguish it.
- Be familiar with the different classes of fire and proper use of extinguishing agents and techniques.
- Be able to quickly analyze a fire situation and respond appropriately.
- Understand basic portable fire extinguisher uses and limitations.
- Recognize the importance of regular equipment maintenance and inspection.
- Discuss fire prevention and protection, and utilize knowledge gained to extinguish and actual fire.
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.157
- OSHA 29 CFR 1926.150
- BSEE 30 CFR 250.113
- Target Audience
Onshore or Offshore Employees
- Theory Learning Objectives
- Nature and Chemistry of Fires
- Sources of Heat
- Types of Fuels
- Classes of Fires
- Proper Extinguishing Agents
- Types of Fire Extinguishers
- Fire Prevention
- Analyzing a Fire Situation
- Hot Work Safety
- Equipment Maintenance
- Equipment Inspection
- Hands-On Practical
- Practical Learning Objectives
Some items noted in the theory learning objectives will practiced in accordance with the accrediting body or our training requirements.
- Certification Details Written Examination / Practical Examination
- Validity Period Varies By Contractor
- Accreditation or Standard
- Trainer or Industry Specific
- Cancellation Policy - Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Printed Course Materials
325 Industrial Parkway, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring your identification card.
- Health and Safety ConsiderationsJ.Schneider cares about your health and safety. If there are any issues, we ask that you contact us prior to training to ensure we can accommodate your needs.
About Your Trainer,ssss
THE BEST IN THE GULF ARE TRAINED HERE
J. Schneider & Associates, Ltd. was founded in 1983 to assist the oil and gas industry in its efforts to comply with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements. The company has expanded its area of expertise into international markets as well as other industrial markets.
An ongoing working relationship with the regulatory agencies has afforded us the opportunity to participate in the inception of new regulations and the modification of current regulations as our industry grows. Thus, we are in a unique position to provide the most current regulatory information to our customers.
By providing lecture and “hands-on” training that is designed to replicate the procedures utilized in the field, your company will realize enhanced productivity and a heightened sense of safety awareness.
Provide the highest quality training available while maintaining competitive pricing.
Be a leading worldwide, multifaceted learning and resource center.
Continue to set the standard for oil and gas training, and compliance services.
Focus on customer needs by being flexible, adaptable, and easily accessible.
+ More - Less
The J. Schneider facility stands on 3.3 acres, containing: a 6,939 sq. ft. office building, a 4,000 sq. ft. warehouse, and a 9,485 sq. ft. training center. Also on-site is a pedestal crane and mock production platform with cut-outs of all relevant equipment utilized for training courses. The facility has ample parking on the grounds as well.
The training center consists of 7 classrooms, a break room, restrooms, an administrative area, and 4 instructor offices. Each classroom has cutaways for demonstration and hands-on experience. Comfortable seating is provided for all students in order to ensure 100% focus and satisfaction. The two-story main office building consists of one classroom, a drafting office for compliance project work, administrative offices, a conference area, break room on both floors and restrooms on both floors.
An area for detailed instructions and hands-on crane experience is provided. While outside utilizing the crane, there is a covered viewing area provided to accommodate all class members during the hands-on portion of the training. An intercom system is utilized so that 100% participation is possible even during the hands-on portion of the training.
Lafayette, United States Member Since July 2018
Medic First Aid / CPR / Bloodborne Pathogens ... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Fall Protection User/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Forklift | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Crane API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.Sc... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Rigger API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.S... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Confined Space Entry/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Defensive Driving | J.Schneider | Lafayette,L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety/Respiratory Pro... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
DOT HM-126F | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Lockout/Tagout (LO/TO) | J.Schneider | Lafaye... Undefined, United Sta...(0)