MEDIC FIRST AID® – Basic Plus CPR, AED, And First Aid For Adults | Safety Management Systems | Lafayette, LA
- Prerequisites N/A
- Student Min/Max 1/24
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM or 12 PM each day. The course ends at 12 PM or 4PM CST on the same day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 5-6 Hours
- Course Summary
Upon completion of the Medic First Aid® – Basic Plus course, the trainee will be familiar with basic First Aid/CPR skills as provided in the EMP of America Basic Skills Guidebook.
- Target Audience
The Medic First Aid® – Basic Plus CPR, AED, and First Aid for Adults course is intended for individuals who are not healthcare providers or professional rescuers but desire or are required to be certified in CPR, AED, and First Aid for adults.
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of the Medic First Aid® – Basic Plus course, the trainee will be familiar with basic First Aid/CPR skills as provided in the EMP of America Basic Skills Guidebook. Participants will understand rules and receive instruction and testing on the following elements:-Removal of contaminated gloves-External chest compressions-Rescue breaths using a CPR mask or shield-Primary assessment for an unresponsive person-CPR as a single provider-Primary assessment for a responsive person-Control of severe bleeding-Stabilization of a suspected head, neck, or back injury-Stabilization of a swollen, painful, deformed limb-Take a SAMPLE patient history
- Practical Learning Objectives
Performance Task: All skills identified in Basic Skills Guidebook
- Certification Details
Course Required By: Occupational Safety and Health AdministrationCFR Reference: 1910.151Written Exam: Recommended for individuals with a duty or employer expectation to respond. Must obtain a 70% or better on MEDIC BasicPlus ExamMay not exceed 24 months from class completion. More frequent
- Validity Period 2 Years
- Accreditation or Standard
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Meals Included
- Emailed Certificates
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring your government issued ID.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.-Follow general office safety protocol for classroom-Follow acceptable hygiene practices as required by EMP of America
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Protecting lives and changing cultures since 2003
Our goal is to ensure that everyone in the energy industry has a safe work environment and the knowledge to perform their duties safely.+ More - Less
We know your workers are more than the tasks they perform; they are people with homes, families, and stories. Just as you desire to see each of your employees return home to their families safely, SMS aspires to provide a variety of safety services that help ensure that’s possible. Our responsibility to safety in the energy industry is attained by working together and promoting a safety culture.
Lafayette, United States Member Since May 2018