Medical Care Provider (MCP) (STCW 2010) (formally MFAP) | SMS | Lafayette, LA
First Aid/CPR STCW-95 8hr (STCW-2010 USCG) completion
- Student Min/Max 1/16
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM each day. The course ends at 4 PM CST on the 5th day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 40 hrs
- Course Summary
The Medical Care Provider (MCP) course is designed for personnel who have already completed an 8hr First Aid/CPR (STCW-2010 USCG). This course is similar to a DOT first responder, with some added medical information, such as basic pharmacology and gynecology. See course objectives for additional course topics.
- Target Audience offshore & onshore employees
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of Medical Care Provider (MCP) training, the student will be familiar with:
- Perform CPR at the healthcare provider level
- Learn basic pharmacology
- Utilize an AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- Manage airway problems
- Assembling a basic first aid kit
- Manage airway problems
- Use oxygen delivery devices and apply oxygen
- Basic nursing principles of a sick bay
- Monitor blood pressure and vital signs
- Identify psychological/psychiatric problems
- Perform initial and ongoing patient assessment until advanced care arrives
- Manage burn injuries
- Basic fundamental documentation of emergency medical care
- Spinal injuries
- Manage bleeding emergencies and splinting potential fractures and related injuries
- Toxicological hazards
- Practical Learning Objectives
Performance skills such as CPR, AED, bag-valve mask, patient assessment, oxygen administration, soft tissue injury, splinting and airway management will need to be performed to complete the program.
- Certification Details
Course Required By: United States Coast Guard designated person who is in charge of medical careCFR Reference: 46 CFR 10.205 (h) (1) (ii); 46 CFR 10.205 (h) (2) (iii); 46 CFR 10.205 (I) (2) and (3) (iii)Written Exam: MFAP final exam minimum passing score is 70%.
- Validity Period Every five years
- Accreditation or Standard
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring a government-issued ID.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- $ 1000
STCW First Aid and CPR New Orleans, US(0)
- $ 900
USCG Approved Basic Safety Training (BT) STCW... New Orleans, US(0)
USCG Approved STCW First Aid / CPR (STCW 2010... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
USCG Approved Basic Safety Training (BT) STCW... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
USCG Approved PSC (Proficiency in Survival Cr... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Offshore Marine Service Association Safety Or... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Vessel Security Officer 2 Day Program – USC... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Vessel & Facility Personnel with Security Dut... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)