National Safety Council Approved Defensive Driving 8 / 6 Hour | SMS | Lafayette, LA
- Prerequisites None
- Student Min/Max 1/16
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM each day. The course ends at 2 PM or 4 PM CST on the same day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 6-8 Hours
- Course Summary
This Defensive Driving course is a comprehensive driver-improvement program with a basic curriculum offering practical knowledge and techniques to avoid crashes and to choose safe, responsible and lawful driving behaviors.
- Target Audience Designed for employees requiring an initial or refresher training as designated drivers.
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this Defensive Driving training, the student will be familiar with:Driving defensively. You will learn to recognize the need for and benefits of defensive driving, and that defensive driving involves both legal and personal responsibility. You will be able to identify risky driving attitudes and behaviors, determine if a collision was preventable, as well as become familiar with the DDC Collision Prevention Formula.Making safe choices. You will able to identify the benefits of occupant restraint systems, explain the effects of alcohol and other drugs on driving ability, and spot physical and mental driver conditions that may affect your driving. You will also be taught techniques you can use to maintain control in adverse driving situations.Becoming aware of conditions. You will be presented with driving skills and techniques to use in avoiding collisions and violations caused by vehicle or driving conditions.Honing your skills. You will become familiar with the skills and techniques that allow you to avoid collisions and violations, and you will learn to spot the common types of driving errors that contribute to collisions. You’ll be taught how to make safe and legal turns, evaluate and overcome the hazards of passing, and how to avoid a head-on collision.
- Practical Learning Objectives None
- Certification Details
Written Exam: SMS requires a minimum score of 80%.
- Validity Period As required by the company.
- Accreditation or Standard
- National Safety Council
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring a government-issued ID.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Medic First Aid / CPR / Bloodborne Pathogens ... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Incipient Firefighting/Fire Watch | J.Schneid... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Fall Protection User/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Forklift | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Crane API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.Sc... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Rigger API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.S... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Confined Space Entry/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Defensive Driving | J.Schneider | Lafayette,L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety/Respiratory Pro... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
DOT HM-126F | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)