Offshore Marine Service Association Safety Orientation (OMSA) | SMS | Lafayette, LA
- Prerequisites None
- Student Min/Max 1/16
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM each day. The course ends at 4 PM CST on the same day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 8 hrs
- Course Summary
The OMSA Safety Orientation course material covers a wide range of safety topics, specifically designed for offshore vessel personnel. The Purpose of the program is to:
- Increase employee awareness of proper safety, health and environmental practices
- Reduce the incidence of accidents
- Promote good safety, health and environmental attitudes
- Increase employee awareness of the availability of safety related information on the vessel
The Safety Orientation program does not provide the student with the detailed instruction of a formal safety training program.
- Target Audience offshore & onshore employees
- Theory Learning Objectives
- Practical Learning Objectives None
- Certification Details
Employees will be issued a safety orientation certificate upon satisfactory completion of the safety orientation program. Safety Orientation of employees is required one time only. This requirement has been established due to the ongoing safety training and USCG mandated drills conducted by companies participating in the program.Course Required By: Offshore Oil & Gas Industry
CFR Reference: General Duty Clause, Section 5(a)(1) OSH Act
Written Exam: SMS requires a minimum score of 80%. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
- Validity Period Company Specific
- Accreditation or Standard
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring a government-issued ID.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- $ 1000
STCW First Aid and CPR New Orleans, US(0)
- $ 900
USCG Approved Basic Safety Training (BT) STCW... New Orleans, US(0)
USCG Approved STCW First Aid / CPR (STCW 2010... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
USCG Approved Basic Safety Training (BT) STCW... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
USCG Approved PSC (Proficiency in Survival Cr... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Medical Care Provider (MCP) (STCW 2010) (form... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Vessel Security Officer 2 Day Program – USC... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Vessel & Facility Personnel with Security Dut... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)