OMSA Train The Trainer (OMSA Member) | SMS | Lafayette, LA
OMSA candidates need to meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Have one year of experience as a marine educator teaching USCG approved courses
- Have one year of experience in a supervisory position (USCG licensed officer, Marine Transportation Company Management or equivalent approved by the OMSA Safety, Health and Environmental committee) tasked with safety responsibilities
- Have credentials as a safety professional certified by a nationally recognized safety association
- Student Min/Max 1/16
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM each day. The course ends at 4 PM CST on the same day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 8 hrs
- Course Summary
The OMSA Train the Trainer program is designed for the Marine Industry to help reduce accidents, promote positive safety attitudes and protect the environment. These basic policies and procedures can be incorporated into the day to day operations on all marine vessels. The material covered when combined with good judgment, common sense, and knowledge of the work to be done will promote safe working attitudes in the performance of your job.
- Target Audience offshore & onshore employees
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of the Offshore Marine Service Association (OMSA) – Train the Trainer program, the student will be familiar with:
- Familiarize Instructor Candidate with Course Material
- Review Format of Course Material (Manual, Video, and Test)
- Review Requirements for Visual Aids
- Emphasize Need for Consistency of Presentation
- Encourage Instructor Candidate to incorporate personal experiences and company specific guidelines into the Safety Orientation Program
- Emphasize Quality Controls, as noted in the Program Overview
- Explain Program Administrative Requirements to the instructor Candidate
- Emphasize the need for accurate Documentation and record keeping
- Make Instructor Candidates aware of Students’ abilities and limitations, and to be prepared to accommodate students’ needs
- Practical Learning Objectives None
- Certification Details
Course Required By: Employer
Written Exam: Exam and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of each course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
Date: Call for course availability
- Validity Period Company Specific
- Accreditation or Standard
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring a government-issued ID.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Protecting lives and changing cultures since 2003
Our goal is to ensure that everyone in the energy industry has a safe work environment and the knowledge to perform their duties safely.+ More - Less
We know your workers are more than the tasks they perform; they are people with homes, families, and stories. Just as you desire to see each of your employees return home to their families safely, SMS aspires to provide a variety of safety services that help ensure that’s possible. Our responsibility to safety in the energy industry is attained by working together and promoting a safety culture.
Lafayette, United States Member Since May 2018
Medic First Aid / CPR / Bloodborne Pathogens ... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Incipient Firefighting/Fire Watch | J.Schneid... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Fall Protection User/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Forklift | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Crane API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.Sc... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Rigger API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.S... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Confined Space Entry/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Defensive Driving | J.Schneider | Lafayette,L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety/Respiratory Pro... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
DOT HM-126F | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)