Overhead Crane | SMS | Lafayette, LA
- Prerequisites Basic Rigging
- Student Min/Max 1/16
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM or 12PM each day. The course ends at 12 PM or 4 PM CST on the same day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 4 Hours
- Course Summary
The Overhead Crane course is designed to upgrade material-handling practices within your company by teaching the basics of safe crane and sling operation to increase productivity and efficiency, while reducing the risk of product damage, property damage, and accidents.This will assist you in meeting OSHA requirements described in 29 CFR 1910.179 for Overhead & Gantry Cranes.There are two parts to this overhead crane safety program: (1) a 2hr classroom session and (2) an operator evaluation where your employees can demonstrate their ability to operate the company equipment safely and efficiently.
- Target Audience Individuals operating Overhead Cranes.
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of Crane-Overhead training, the student will be familiar with:Review material handling regulations to comply with OSHAComplete Pre-Shift checks and inspectionsAnalyzing the liftUse of sling charts for load limits and capacityMaintaining a safe distanceLifting, moving, placing loadsStandard safe practicesControls and basic operationUse of chains, slings, spreader bars, grabbers, and other attachmentsAll other OSHA-required topics
- Practical Learning Objectives
Each Operator will be evaluated on the safe use of cranes/slings, using equipment they normally operateEvaluations are done one employee at a time, allowing others to return to normal work duties while waiting their turn
- Certification Details
Written Exam: Written and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of each course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.Course Required By: ASME B30.2, B30.17, and B30.5; 29 CFR 1910.179Retraining: Student is responsible for retraining when Basic Rigging Certification expires.
- Validity Period Based on your Basic Rigging certification validity.
- Accreditation or Standard
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPhoto ID
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Protecting lives and changing cultures since 2003
Our goal is to ensure that everyone in the energy industry has a safe work environment and the knowledge to perform their duties safely.+ More - Less
We know your workers are more than the tasks they perform; they are people with homes, families, and stories. Just as you desire to see each of your employees return home to their families safely, SMS aspires to provide a variety of safety services that help ensure that’s possible. Our responsibility to safety in the energy industry is attained by working together and promoting a safety culture.
Lafayette, United States Member Since May 2018
Medic First Aid / CPR / Bloodborne Pathogens ... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Incipient Firefighting/Fire Watch | J.Schneid... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Fall Protection User/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Forklift | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Crane API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.Sc... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Rigger API RP 2D - 7th Edition (8-Hour) | J.S... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Confined Space Entry/Rescue | J.Schneider | L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Defensive Driving | J.Schneider | Lafayette,L... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety/Respiratory Pro... Undefined, United Sta...(0)
DOT HM-126F | J.Schneider | Lafayette,LA Undefined, United Sta...(0)