USCG Approved Basic Firefighter Refresher (STCW 2010) | SMS | Lafayette, LA
- Prerequisites Must have previously held an STCW Endorsement. All trainees must be certified by a doctor to be in good health.
- Student Min/Max 1/24
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM each day. The course ends at 4 PM CST on the same day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 8 Hours
- Course Summary
The Basic Firefighting Refresher course is part of the STCW 2010 program. Seafarers designated to participate in firefighting operations will be given 8 hrs of training in techniques for fighting fires.
- Target Audience
These courses are intended as basic training for seafarers employed or engaged in any capacity onboard ship as part of the ship’s complement with designated safety duties in operation of the ship.
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, the student will be familiar with how to:-Properly don a fire suit-Properly don and use a self-contained breathing apparatus-Use portable fire extinguishers to extinguish small fires-Extinguish extensive fires with water using jet and nozzle sprays-Advancement of a hose teams with the team leader giving commands-Entering a smoke filled internal space with SCBA and extinguish fire with a fire hose-Properly entering a watertight door with a fire behind door-Rescuing a victim (165lb mannequin) from a smoke-filled room wearing an S.C.B.A.-Taking immediate action upon encountering an accident or medical emergency-Perform an emergency drill following a station bill-Identify what extinguishers to use on what class fire-Properly ventilating a fire-Correctly overhauling a fire
- Practical Learning Objectives
Upon completion, the trainee will be able to practice all items noted in the Theory Learning Objectives.
- Certification Details
Written Exam: A minimum written test score of 70% is required. Students who fail the test will undergo remediation and be allowed one retest. A second failure requires repeating the course before they may test again. Students must satisfactorily perform hands-on evolutions as required by USCG assessments.Location: Offered only at our Lafayette location.
- Validity Period 5 Years
- Accreditation or Standard
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Meals Included
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring your government issued ID, a towel, hard hat, steel-toed boots and safety glasses.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- $ 1000
STCW First Aid and CPR New Orleans, US(0)
- $ 900
USCG Approved Basic Safety Training (BT) STCW... New Orleans, US(0)
USCG Approved STCW First Aid / CPR (STCW 2010... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
USCG Approved Basic Safety Training (BT) STCW... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
USCG Approved PSC (Proficiency in Survival Cr... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Medical Care Provider (MCP) (STCW 2010) (form... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Offshore Marine Service Association Safety Or... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Vessel Security Officer 2 Day Program – USC... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)