USCG Approved Basic Firefighting (STCW)| SMS | Lafayette, LA
- Prerequisites There are no particular educational requirements. All trainees must be certified by a doctor to be in good health.
- Student Min/Max 1/24
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM each day. The course ends at 4 PM CST on the 2nd and final day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 16 Hours
- Course Summary
The Basic Firefighting course is part of the STCW program. Seafarers designated to participate in firefighting operations will be given 16hrs of training in techniques for fighting fires.
- Target Audience
These courses are intended as basic training for seafarers employed or engaged in any capacity on board ship as part of the ship’s complement with designated safety duties in operation of the ship.
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of Section A-VI/1-2, Basic Firefighting, the student will be familiar with:-Properly donning a fire suit-Properly donning and using a self-contained breathing apparatus-Use portable fire extinguishers to put out class A, B, And C class fires (this exercise is conducted 4 times: once for each class of fire)-Use all-purpose nozzles for protection and putting fires outAdvancement of hose teams with the team leader giving commands-Entering an internal space with S.C.B.A. and put out fire with fire hose-Properly entering a watertight door with a fire behind door-Rescuing a victim (165lb mannequin) from a smoke-filled room wearing an S.C.B.A.-Taking immediate action upon encountering an accident or medical emergency-Performing an emergency drill following a station bill-Identify what extinguishers to use on what class fire-Properly ventilating a fire-Correctly overhauling a fire-Effectively containing a fire and using suppression system
- Practical Learning Objectives
Upon completion, the trainee will be able to practice all items noted in the Theory Learning Objectives.
- Certification Details
Written Exam: A minimum written test score of 70% is required. Students who fail the test will undergo remediation and be allowed one retest. A second failure requires repeating the course before they may test again. Students must satisfactorily perform hands-on evolutions as required by USCG assessments.Location: Offered only at our Lafayette location.
- Validity Period 5 Years
- Accreditation or Standard
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Meals Included
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring your government issued ID, a towel, hard hat, steel-toed boots and safety glasses.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Protecting lives and changing cultures since 2003
Our goal is to ensure that everyone in the energy industry has a safe work environment and the knowledge to perform their duties safely.+ More - Less
We know your workers are more than the tasks they perform; they are people with homes, families, and stories. Just as you desire to see each of your employees return home to their families safely, SMS aspires to provide a variety of safety services that help ensure that’s possible. Our responsibility to safety in the energy industry is attained by working together and promoting a safety culture.
Lafayette, United States Member Since May 2018
- $ 1000
STCW First Aid and CPR New Orleans, US(0)
- $ 900
USCG Approved Basic Safety Training (BT) STCW... New Orleans, US(0)
USCG Approved STCW First Aid / CPR (STCW 2010... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
USCG Approved Basic Safety Training (BT) STCW... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
USCG Approved PSC (Proficiency in Survival Cr... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Medical Care Provider (MCP) (STCW 2010) (form... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Offshore Marine Service Association Safety Or... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Vessel Security Officer 2 Day Program – USC... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)