USCG Approved PSC (Proficiency In Survival Craft) (STCW 2010) | SMS | Lafayette, LA
This course is intended to provide training for seafarers to launch and take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat in emergency situations. There are no particular educational requirements. All trainees must be certified by a doctor to be in good health.
- Student Min/Max 1/24
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM each day. The course ends at 4 PM CST on the 4th day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 32 hours
- Course Summary
The Proficiency in Survival Craft (PSC) course is designed to provide the training for candidates to launch and take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat other than fast rescue boat in emergency situations, in accordance with the STCW Convention and code Chapter VI Section A-VI/2 and Table A-VI/2-1.
- Target Audience offshore & onshore employees
- Theory Learning Objectives
Instructor to Explain:
- Recognize emergency signals in station bill and use of safety equipment
- Don a lifejacket
- Safely jump from a height while wearing a Type I lifejacket
- Board a life raft from the water while wearing a Type I and an immersion suit
- Right an inverted life raft while wearing a lifejacket
- Operate davits to launch and recover rescue craft
- Take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat during and after launch
- Operate a survival craft engine
- Command and operate a survival craft under oars
- Command survival craft using magnetic compass
- Manage survivors and survival craft after abandoning ship
- Retrieve man overboard using survival craft
- Use locating devices, including communication and signaling apparatus and pyrotechnics
- Stream a drogue or sea-anchor
- Operate survival craft equipment
- Primary Assessment of patient
- Call EMS
- Check for circulation, open airway, breathing, and for shock
- Perform CPR
- Stop bleeding
- Identify signs and symptoms of: trench foot, hypothermia, hyperthermia, fractures, and burns
- Apply first aid to survivors
- Practical Learning Objectives Student to demonstrate each item noted in the Theory Learning Objectives.
- Certification Details
Course Required By: United States Coast Guard for STCW-2010 (Lifeboatman) Endorsement
Written Exam: A minimum written test score of 70% is required. Students that fail the test will undergo remediation and be allowed 1 retest. A second failure requires repeating the course before they may test again.
Performance Task: See Coast Guard-specific checklist requirements.
- Validity Period See Coast Guard-specific requirements.
- Accreditation or Standard
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring a government-issued ID.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- $ 1000
STCW First Aid and CPR New Orleans, US(0)
- $ 900
USCG Approved Basic Safety Training (BT) STCW... New Orleans, US(0)
USCG Approved STCW First Aid / CPR (STCW 2010... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
USCG Approved Basic Safety Training (BT) STCW... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Medical Care Provider (MCP) (STCW 2010) (form... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Offshore Marine Service Association Safety Or... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Vessel Security Officer 2 Day Program – USC... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Vessel & Facility Personnel with Security Dut... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)