USCG Approved STCW First Aid / CPR (STCW 2010) | SMS | Lafayette, LA
These courses are intended as basic training for seafarers employed or engaged in any capacity onboard ship as part of the ship’s complement with designated safety duties in operation of the ship. There are no particular educational requirements.
- Student Min/Max 1/24
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM each day. The course ends at 4 PM CST on the same day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 8 hrs
- Course Summary
The STCW First Aid / CPR course follows recommendations and guidelines for CPR, first aid, and emergency care for the most common medical and trauma-related emergencies encountered.
- Target Audience offshore & onshore employees
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of First Aid/CPR training, the student will be familiar with fundamental knowledge of CPR and first aid for adults.
- Practical Learning Objectives None
- Certification Details
Course Required By: United States Coast Guard for STCW-2010 Endorsement
CFR Reference: STCW Code Table A-VI/4-1, Table A-VI/1-4; 46 CFR 10.102(b); 46 CFR 10.205 (h); 46 CFR 10.205 (i); 46 CFR 10.205 (ii); 46 CFR 10.205 (3)
Written Exam: A minimum written test score of 70% is required. Students that fail the test will undergo remediation and be allowed 1 retest. A second failure requires repeating the course before they may test again. Students must satisfactorily perform hands-on evolutions as required by U.S. Coast Guard Practical Assessments.
- Validity Period Every 5 years.
- Accreditation or Standard
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring a government-issued ID.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Protecting lives and changing cultures since 2003
Our goal is to ensure that everyone in the energy industry has a safe work environment and the knowledge to perform their duties safely.+ More - Less
We know your workers are more than the tasks they perform; they are people with homes, families, and stories. Just as you desire to see each of your employees return home to their families safely, SMS aspires to provide a variety of safety services that help ensure that’s possible. Our responsibility to safety in the energy industry is attained by working together and promoting a safety culture.
Lafayette, United States Member Since May 2018
- $ 1000
STCW First Aid and CPR New Orleans, US(0)
- $ 900
USCG Approved Basic Safety Training (BT) STCW... New Orleans, US(0)
USCG Approved Basic Safety Training (BT) STCW... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
USCG Approved PSC (Proficiency in Survival Cr... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Medical Care Provider (MCP) (STCW 2010) (form... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Offshore Marine Service Association Safety Or... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Vessel Security Officer 2 Day Program – USC... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Vessel & Facility Personnel with Security Dut... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)