Vessel & Facility Personnel With Security Duties (VFPSD) | SMS | Lafayette, LA
This course is intended for seafarers employed or engaged onboard a vessel as part of the ship’s complement with designated security duties.
- Student Min/Max 1/24
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM. The course ends at 4 PM CST.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 8 Hours
- Course Summary
Vessel Personnel with Designated Security Duties is a one-day course fully approved by the U.S. Coast Guard to meet all international and domestic requirements for VPDSD training in accordance with Section A-VI/6 and Table A-VI/6 of STCW Code 2010 as amended, the Marine Transportation Security Act of 2002, and Chap XI-2 of SOLAS 74. This course is intended for seafarers employed or engaged onboard a vessel as part of the ship’s complement with designated security duties. This course is API Accredited.
- Target Audience
offshore & onshore employees
- Theory Learning Objectives
The Vessel/Facility Personnel with Security Duties (VFPSD) course is an instructor-led course and will cover the following:
- Knowledge of current security threats and patterns
- Recognition and detection of dangerous substances and devices
- Recognition of characteristics and behavioral patterns of persons who are likely to threaten security
- Techniques used to circumvent security measures
- Crowd management and control techniques
- Security-related communications
- Knowledge of emergency procedures and contingency plans
- Operation of security equipment and systems
- Testing, calibration, and maintenance of security equipment and systems, both ashore and at sea
- Inspection, control, and monitoring techniques
- Relevant provisions of the Vessel/Facility Security Plan (FSP)
- Methods of physical screening of persons, personal effects, baggage, cargo, and vessel stores
- The meaning and the consequential requirements of the different MARSEC Levels
- Familiarity with all relevant aspects of the TWIC program and how to carry them out
- Practical Learning Objectives None
- Certification Details
Written Exam: A minimum written test score of 70% is required to pass. Students that fail the test will undergo remediation and are allowed one retest. A second failure requires repeating the course before they may retest again.
- Validity Period Every 5 years.
- Accreditation or Standard
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring a government-issued ID.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- $ 1000
STCW First Aid and CPR New Orleans, US(0)
- $ 900
USCG Approved Basic Safety Training (BT) STCW... New Orleans, US(0)
USCG Approved STCW First Aid / CPR (STCW 2010... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
USCG Approved Basic Safety Training (BT) STCW... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
USCG Approved PSC (Proficiency in Survival Cr... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Medical Care Provider (MCP) (STCW 2010) (form... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Offshore Marine Service Association Safety Or... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Vessel Security Officer 2 Day Program – USC... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)