Vessel Security Officer 2 Day Program – USCG Approved | SMS | Lafayette, LA
To qualify for a VSO endorsement, a person must be at least 18 years of age, able to speak and understand the English language as would be relevant to the duties of a VSO, hold any valid Coast Guard issued credential under the regulations specified in 46 CFR Subchapter, successfully complete a Coast Guard-accepted VSO course, Sea Service.
- Student Min/Max 1/16
- Availability Select a day and time to determine how many seats remain.
- Additional Schedule Details
Enrollment: All students must produce the following prior to the onset of training - Valid (photographic) government identification. Registration begins at 7 AM each day. The course ends at 4 PM CST on the 2nd day.Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation in each module is required to obtain this certification.Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.
- Course duration 16 hrs
- Course Summary
The Vessel Security Officer 2 Day Program course is fully approved by the USCG National Maritime Center, which meets all International and Domestic requirements for VSO/SSO training. These requirements include: Regulations 13.1 (Part B) and 13.2 (Part A & B) of the ISPS Code; all training requirements contained in 33 CFR 104.215; and all requirements for issuance of the required Coast Guard-issued credential with a Vessel Security Officer endorsement in accordance with the ship security officer requirements of Regulation VI/5 of the STCW.
- Target Audience offshore & onshore employees
- Theory Learning Objectives
Upon completion of Vessel Security Officer (VSO) course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the requirements for a ship or port assessment
- Initiate, direct and evaluate the ship or port security plan
- Manage and monitor the ship or port security systems
- Ensure that the proper training and evaluation is carried out for all personnel involved in security matters
- Implement and maintain the vessel security plan
- Train, direct and motivate ship or port personnel involved in security
Course Modules consist of:
- Maritime Security Policy & the ISPS Code
- Security Responsibilities
- Vessel Security Assessments
- Vessel Security Plans
- The Threat
- Security Equipment
- On-board Security Procedures & Security Levels
- Security Training, Drills & Exercises
- Security Administration & Sensitive Security Material
Satisfactory completion of this course consists of attendance of all modules, passing a written examination at the completion of the final module
- Practical Learning Objectives Demonstrating abilities to conduct room, baggage, and personnel searches. Once satisfactory completion is demonstrated, a certificate issued by MARSEC Corporation will be issued to the attendee.
- Certification Details
Fulfill ONE of the following:Have approved sea service of not less than 12 months on any vessel subject to § 104.105 of this part, credited in accordance with 46 CFR 10.205(e), 10.211, and/or 10.213; orHave approved sea service of not less than 90 days on any vessel subject to § 104.105 of this part, credited in accordance with 46 CFR 10.205(b), 10.211, and/or 10.213, and have knowledge of vessel operations.
- Validity Period There are currently no domestic requirements imposing refresher training for VSO.
- Accreditation or Standard
- Cancellation Policy Cancellation fees apply if cancelled within 7 days of the course start date . The amount retained will equal 100 percent of the transaction. Any refund requests after this period are to be requested from the trainer. If approved by the trainer, remittance of refunds will be handled by the trainer outside of our site.For more details read our Refund Policy
Services and Amenities
- ADA Accessiblity
- Emailed Certificates
- Printed Course Materials
2916 North University Avenue, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Items to BringPlease bring a government-issued ID.
- Health and Safety Considerations*Safety First: Safety Management Systems (SMS) regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
About Your Trainer,ssss
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Protecting lives and changing cultures since 2003
Our goal is to ensure that everyone in the energy industry has a safe work environment and the knowledge to perform their duties safely.+ More - Less
We know your workers are more than the tasks they perform; they are people with homes, families, and stories. Just as you desire to see each of your employees return home to their families safely, SMS aspires to provide a variety of safety services that help ensure that’s possible. Our responsibility to safety in the energy industry is attained by working together and promoting a safety culture.
Lafayette, United States Member Since May 2018
- $ 1000
STCW First Aid and CPR New Orleans, US(0)
- $ 900
USCG Approved Basic Safety Training (BT) STCW... New Orleans, US(0)
USCG Approved STCW First Aid / CPR (STCW 2010... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
USCG Approved Basic Safety Training (BT) STCW... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
USCG Approved PSC (Proficiency in Survival Cr... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Medical Care Provider (MCP) (STCW 2010) (form... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Offshore Marine Service Association Safety Or... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)
Vessel & Facility Personnel with Security Dut... Lafayette, United Sta...(0)